Half the battle of starting any new project is knowing where to begin. Today I am sharing with you tips on recording great audio that will give you the jump start you need to begin your new video hobby or career 🎥
- Use an external microphone if you have one.
- Get the microphone close to the talent.
- Listen throught headphones while you shoot.
- Keep hand movements on the video camera to a mininum.
- Use a handheld microphone for man-on-street interviews.
- Use a lavalier or boom microphone for studio settings.
- Use a wireless microphone to avoid cable hassles.
- Keep audio in mind when scouting locations.
- Don’t move microphone cables while recording.
- Avoid long cable runs to minimize interference.
Keep in mind, you are not producing sound for a Hollywood production so you don’t need to be an audio expert. But you should learn enough about audio and how to record to do a good job 👍🏼